So last week my friend Maribel and I decided to go for a bike ride. She was trying to find a good trail to take the Young Women on at camp. So, for our first ride we rode 12 miles, off road...I mean we are talking Xtreme Biking! Okay, for us it was extreme. 1st timers on a trail that was full of rocks, boulders,steep hills, sand pits...we just had to laugh at ourselves. We did it but decided it would leave most of the girls in tears. So a couple days later we did another ride. This one ended up being 23 miles. It was on a trail that was mostly gravel and hard packed dirt and flat. So, it wasn't too hard, just loooong. We didn't think the girls could hack that either so we settled on a shorter trail for the girls. We had a good time though, and even though we crashed, on flat ground, right between thistles, we laughed our heads off. (Maribel had a dragon fly land on her face and crawl under her sunglasses, hence the crash.) I wish I had taken a picture of our tangled bikes. We saw a turtle, which we named Rock, an armadillo, which was just cool up close, and many rabitts and geckos.
We are half way...only 11.5 miles to go!

Rock, the turtle.

Our armadillo friend...
1 comment:
That sounds fun actually... I am trying to talk Brent into getting bikes for us so we can go for trail rides... no budging yet.
Post a Comment