So just to update everyone on Cody. We went to Cook Children's Hospital last week to have stent put in his aorta. It went sooo well. We want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts while he was having his procedure done. They had to put a catheter through his groin and up to the arch in the aorta. It was the size just a little larger than the diameter of a straw. Ouch. We have a video of it but I can't figure out how to get it off our CD and on here. These pictures will just have to do. I hope you're not squeemish. I thought it was way cool! His biggest problem is the groin area. He is still pretty sore there. I think he just overdoes it at school everyday. But anyway, he is doing well and we are so excited for him to get back to regular activity and move on from this.
Before:

After:

It's amazing the things that technology and science can do for the body! I was so impressed with our doctor. He was amazing!
6 comments:
Im so happy that every thing went well cody is such a brave stud! Tif i cant belive your going to have a sixteen year old this month! love you guys
Good job Cody. I am so glad everything is great now and it looks like he handled it like a pro.
Isn't crazy the things modern medicine can do! Glad it was caught and fixed with no problem! :)
Love your new picture too!
So, Tif, this is the first time I've checked out your blog! I am so glad all went well with Cody. What a blessing. That boy means so much to our family and is a really great kid. And how adorable is Payton. Being a soccer girl myself, I am so proud of her for not being intimidated by the boys. Way cute!
I am so glad things went so well for Cody! Surgeries and sick kids make me so nervous, so I am extremely greatful when everyone is healthy. Hopefully your days in the hospital are finished for a while.
Tell Cody I will try and find something extra special for his bday since he is such a stud!!!
Post a Comment